Sunday 9 October 2011

Week 3 - Images

The short introduction to Creative Commons is a revelation. I think it is an excellent idea in principal which allows for the maximum exposure of your creativity. I would be intersted to know if there is any enforcement of the 6 degrees of accessibility or is it purely down to trusting those users of CC to adhere to the permission guidelines. Nowadays I think people are very dismissive of copyright infringment - as it's only one download of that episode of X that I missed, one song that I'll just use or one photo that I can put into my presentation - what harm is it doing and perhaps more vitally whose going to know?

Visual prompts and illustrations in blogs, presentations etc I think are important in grabbing and maintaining attention - especially in our world where we are used to instant access/quick fixes. In a multicultural environment a picture would enable a wider audience to be reached and an immediate message conveyed which could then be expanded upon in greater detail in a more dedicated forum.

Now I suppose I should find a witty image to insert!

No comments:

Post a Comment